Thursday, March 25, 2010

conversations from the crib...

i'll admit it...i get in the crib with my kid...am i too big for it?...at nearly 6' and 140ish lbs...yes...but i paid for it...if i break it, well then whatever...it was worth it...

it's not all the time...but sometimes - like today after nap - i just can't resist...

we love to cuddle together and talk...today she pulled my shirt up and was looking at my tummy...

mom: remember you used to live in there? - that was your home...

p: yeah, and we can all live in there in our home!

mom: well i don't think we'll all fit...

p: yeah, and we can live in your heart!

mom: honey, you'll ALWAYS live in my heart!

********************************************************

mom: you know who's coming home tonight?

p: MRS. SONY!!!

mom: uh, no...muthoni lives in kenya and can't come over tonight...guess again!

p: DADDY!!!!!!!

(he was gone for 7 days on a trip)

**********************************************************

i walked out to get to the camera and came in to hear the most beautiful song...ever...

it went something like this...

"my mommy's beautiful!
my mommy's beautiful!
my mommy's beautiful!

mommy!

mommy is beautiful!
mommy is beautiful! in my heart!

mommy's beautiful in my heart!
my mommy's beautiful in my heart!
my mommy's in my heart!"

i caught the second half on camera...

it melted my heart...i'll give this kid anything she wants!...ok, well not really...but i'll think about it at least...



wouldn't you want to cuddle up with this??? - resistance is futile...

4 comments:

  1. That is such a pretty crib! I'd climb in too. :P

    Your daughter says the sweetest things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I have always said - one of the coolest kids ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that crib took FOREVER to pick out! (but i love it!)

    and she truly is cool...when she's not trying my patience! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally get into Asher's crib too! :) We have our cuddle time and talk about what we're going to dream about. It is totally the best.

    ReplyDelete